Welcome to Alaskan Original Landscape Paintings.

Order prints at:

My Fineartamerica artist webpage Kenneth Nelson: Artist

or Fineartamerica or Artpal

Contact: alaska.patriarch@gmail.com


Monday, November 13, 2017

Dad's Bear

The other day, my brother, the one who lives within walking distance not the one that lives in Eagle River, Alaska, and I were talking about paintings. He asked me if I had Dad's bear. I said yes, I did, hanging on the wall near the fireplace. Several hours later it occurred to me that he was talking about "Dad's Bear." The painting of the angry charging mother grizzly bursting from the brush, her eyes focused like a laser on the viewer, the cub that she was protecting, barely visible behind her. She hung over the fireplace in our parents home for years. Mother wasn't fond of her but Dad sure was. I don't have "Dad's Bear," one of my siblings has her.  I do have a another bear that he painted. I always liked it better. It's very simple, almost impressionistic. But fortunately, I have never yet been charged by a bear. Most of the bears I have seen in my life have been just wondering through the brush or across the tundra. Some were taking down and killing a moose, or sitting on moose carcass after they killed it or they took it away from a smaller bear. Sometimes they were sitting on the remains of a moose or caribou that I or my hunting partners had harvested earlier. But mostly they look like this, more or less.
P.S. Just a reminder, the gift giving holidays are fast approaching. Art prints make great gifts. Get a few real soon.

P.PS. New images on ArtPal and FineArtAmerica tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment