Welcome to Alaskan Original Landscape Paintings.

Order prints at:

My Fineartamerica artist webpage Kenneth Nelson: Artist

or Fineartamerica or Artpal

Contact: alaska.patriarch@gmail.com


Saturday, November 11, 2017

Veterans Day

Today is the day we set aside to honor Veterans who served in the military. I thank all of the other Veterans for their service to our country, especially those who served in combat. Closer to home a shout out to Vets in my own family. Dad and Phil who served WWII and who have gone now leaving behind two great families. Glen, Daniel, Jim, Steve and Steve in my extended family. Friends from my youth, Rick, Randy, Rob, Ray, Bruce, and Rick. I just know I've forgotten someone in those groups so I apologize in advance. Blame it on old age, I think all but a couple of those named Vets will agree.
Bringing it back to a connection with painting, as I mentioned in an earlier post the first art I ever sold was Alaska scenes painted gold pans when I was serving in the U.S. Army at Ft. Greely, Alaska. At the same time the late, great Bob Ross,  of  "The Joy of Painting" program, was doing the same thing at the Air-force base just down the road. So a thank you to Bob for his service and his inspiration.
Today I uploaded two of my most popular images.
"Tracks" was uploaded to Artpal.
"Moose in Fireweed" to FineArtAmerica.
Facebook post should be appearing soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment