Welcome to Alaskan Original Landscape Paintings.

Order prints at:

My Fineartamerica artist webpage Kenneth Nelson: Artist

or Fineartamerica or Artpal

Contact: alaska.patriarch@gmail.com


Saturday, November 18, 2017

Coffee Cups

My sister-in-law ordered a tote bag with the image of "Through the Birch" printed on it. Seeing it was kind of a surreal experience. I have had it happen unexpectedly in the past. Before I retired I worked for "Big Oil." For many years I was the go to guy when someone needed a new logo, a jacket patch or a hat designed to celebrate a milestone or new discovery. Some of the items went to the staff in the Anchorage offices but the majority went to the North Slope and were given to contractors and employees working there. I probably did a hundred hats and jacket designs over the 26 years. Every now and then I'll see someone that I don't know, in a crowd or while shopping, that is wearing a hat or jacket patch that I designed. It's a strange experience, a mixture of a little pride in my work and discomfort with this stranger wearing my hat.
So I ordered some coffee cups from the Print on Demand websites. The first two arrived yesterday. I think they look fabulous on my kitchen counter. I really think they would look great on yours. Who couldn't use Alaska themed coffee cups. Get a whole set.

No comments:

Post a Comment