Welcome to Alaskan Original Landscape Paintings.

Order prints at:

My Fineartamerica artist webpage Kenneth Nelson: Artist

or Fineartamerica or Artpal

Contact: alaska.patriarch@gmail.com


Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Fine Art America and Artpal


I've joined two 'POD' websites. POD was new to me, it stands for Print on Demand.
It should make it easier for everybody to purchase prints for themselves or, (hint, hint,) gifts.

The first of these websites is ArtPal. At Artpal you can purchase a print at many different sizes from 6" to 6'. They will sell you an art print, a framed art print, a print on canvas or even a print on two different sizes of coffee mugs. I personally think everyone should have a coffee mug with a Ken Nelson painting printed on it.
https://www.artpal.com/ken_nelson

The second website is Fine Art America. At fineartamerica they will print art prints, framed art prints, canvas prints, and coffee mugs. However the will also print posters, on a clear acrylic, metal or maple panels. In addition they offer greeting cards, phone cases, throw pillows, duvet covers, shower curtains, towels, tote bags, clothing and more.
https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/2-kenneth-nelson.html

I have to admit I was a bit take aback by all this merchandising of images I painted, anticipating that eventually people would proudly show my work hanging on the wall. But then I remembered images like Vermeer's "The Girl with a Pearl Earring" and Leonardo Da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" can be found on tote bags, beach towels and phone cases also. So, not to compare myself in anyway with the masters, but at least my images will be in good company.
Here is a recent painting I did of the Orthodox Church in my neighborhood. This image will be available in my galleries on the POD sites very soon.

Ken

St Herman Antochian Orthodox Church 

No comments:

Post a Comment